Minimum Unity Version Required:
5.6.3f1 | Asset Published Date:
11 May 2018 |
DescriptionLux Plus is the commercial branch of the open source Lux shader framework and brings Lux's advanced lighting features such as skin, translucent and anisotropic lighting to the deferred rendering pipeline — all without adding any additional data to the built in gbuffers.
So unlike other solutions Lux Plus will not stress your memory bandwidth furthermore but uses a cleverly packed default gbuffer.
Lux Plus needs at least 8GB of RAM and has been successfully tested with DX11, DX9 and OpenGLCore on Win and Mac using nvidia GPUs and Unity 5.4.2, Unity 5.5.0b10, Unity 5.6.1., Unity 2017.2.0f3 and Unity 2018.1.Lighting features
- Fast approximated area lights
- Diffuse fill lights
- Deferred pre-integrated Skin Lighting
- Deferred translucent Lighting
- Deferred anisotropic Lighting* (read more)
- Deferred lambert lighting
- Diffuse scattering or fuzz lighting
- Specular Anti Aliasing
- Horizon OcclusionSurface features
- Dynamic weather
- Mix mapping
- Parallax, parallax occlusion and tessellation
- Double sided rendering
Although Lux ships with a rather flexible standard shader it allows you write custom surface shaders which will take full advantage of all feature mentioned above.
In order to make this as easy as possible Lux offers a bunch of predefined shader macros and ships with various example surface shaders including:
- Geometry based refraction
- Geometry based deferred decalsLux Plus and Image Effects
As Lux Plus packs Unity’s built in GBuffer in a special way, image effects, which rely on data from the GBuffer, will most likely break.
But Lux Plus ships with fixes for the Cinematic Image Effects (Lux 2.01 only), Unity's Post Processing Stack and Amplify Occlusion.(read more)Lux Free on GitHub
| Official thread